Just to let you know Microsoft have released a hotfix to sort out an issue where users home folders were getting deleted whenever a users home folder path was change to a DFSR path within an AD user Object.
For full details of the symptoms see my previous blog ‘ http://support.risualblogs.com/blog/2011/01/24/offline-files-and-group-policy-causes-home-folder-deletion/’
The Hotfix is KB977611 and can be requested from the following location ‘http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977611’
Hotfix Symptoms Quoted from the above Microsoft KB Article.
“Consider the following scenario:
- As a domain administrator, you apply a Folder Redirection Group Policy object (GPO) in order to redirect a folder to a network share. For example, you redirect the Documents folder.
- You change the Folder Redirection GPO to specify a new network share. Additionally, the new network share targets the same physical location as the existing network share.
- When you change the Folder Redirection GPO, you click to select the Move the contents of <Folder_Name> to the new location check box.
- You apply the Folder Redirection GPO to the domain users and to the client computers.
- A domain user logs on to a client computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008.
In this scenario, the domain user finds that the redirected folder is empty.
- This issue typically occurs when you redirect a folder to a Distributed File System (DFS) link.
- For more information about how to configure the Folder Redirection GPO, see the More information section.